August 13, 2009

Vanilla French Toast

I don't have any pictures yet - I'm still to get into the habit of taking pictures after I cook, so that I can post them. But, here's my recipe, anyway.

You need -
Brown Bread or Multi Grain Bread
2-3 Eggs
3 spoon fulls of Sugar (add more if you like it really sweet)
5 drops of Vanilla Essence

What you have to do -
- Beat the eggs, milk, sugar and essence together
- Heat a flat pan with some butter
- Dip the bread in the mix (be careful not to dip for long as that breaks the bread)
- Cook the bread on both sides until it turns golden brown

If you want to make it fancy: Stack three full slices of bread one on top of the other, and top it off with a fried egg.

Pour yourself a glass of orange juice, cut up some fruit, brew some mild black tea, and there you have it - the perfect heavy Sunday breakfast!

2 comments:

amna said...

perfect it is! u have to have pics! have to!! :)

Darshini Santhanam said...

I will .. I will.. Soon! I promise!