September 24, 2009

Cilantro & Mint Risotto

When I was in Rome in June '08, I had the best spinach pasta ever! So, I decided to try it out at home, but with a few variations. I made a cilantro-mint version of it, with easily available ingredients, and I must say, it came out better than I expected.


You need -
1 cup rice (I used regular white rice, but you could use brown rice or the original arborio rice)
1 cup of mint leaves
1 cup of coriander/cilantro leaves
1/2 an onion
2 tsps olive oil
Some garlic salt
1 cheese cube/slice or 1 small cup of Parmesan cheese
5 tbs of white wine

What you have to do -
- Mince the onions and sautee in the olive oil until it turns translucent
- Add some garlic salt and regular salt to taste
- Grind the mint and cilantro into a rough paste and add to the mix on the flame
- After a minute, add the raw rice
- Allow rice to cook and after it's half done, add the white wine
- When the rice is almost done, add the cheese and wait for it to fully cook
- Garnish with freshly chopped mint/cilantro

Serve hot!

1 comment:

Ree said...

this looks lovely and i am definitely trying this one out :)